Hello my fellow travellers,
So I figured, why not make regular cookie dough but press M&M chocolate pieces into the top of the dough before baking? Result: Scrumptious and totally cute/eye appealing cookies. I couldn’t help myself to seconds and thirds.
What I love about cookie dough is its versatility. You can make a basic cookie dough recipe and later add chocolate chips, M&Ms, oreo cookie crumbs (cookie inception), cocoa powder, nuts, etc. The choice is yours when it comes to flavours. Its like when I walk into a Baskin Robbin’s ice cream store and they have 32 + flavours and I feel like I should try at least 10 of those flavours with the pink spoon to get a good idea of what I’m in the mood for on that day (and also sneaking in extra ice cream – what? don’t pretend like you’ve never done that before!). This cookie recipe is a keeper and highly addictive.
What’s that I hear? The jingle for ‘who ate the cookie from the cookie jar?’
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup organic cane sugar
1 cup butter, softened (key is to leave it out overnight if possible. You will get the softest cookies ever!)
1 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup M&M’s (I used normal milk chocolate and peanut butter filled)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees celsius. Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream together brown sugar, organic cane sugar, and butter together. Add eggs one at a time and mix well. Add vanilla extract.
- In a medium bowl, mix all purpose, whole wheat, and baking soda with a whisk. Incorporate slowly into sugar batter.
- The dough should form together nicely, which you can drop by spoonfuls (1 teaspoon or cookie scoop) onto the baking sheet. Press M&M pieces into the top of the cookie. I did about 5-6.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown.