Hello my fellow travellers,
Sorry for the delay in posting up a recipe! I was busy wrapping things up for university and now I am free! Can’t believe how fast time goes by. Today’s recipe is for anyone who wants to serve up a dessert that will leave your guests impressed and show your love for them.
This chocolate cake is moist and pairs perfectly with a cup of coffee or tall glass of milk. With a light dusting of icing sugar and a bow of fresh fruit, a bite of this cake will you put you in chocolate heaven.
Baked in 9 inch heart shaped cake pan
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 cup boiling water
1 cup all purpose flour
1/3 cup whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup (200 grams) organic cane sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 tbsp icing sugar
1 strawberry, halved
Handful of blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease tin.
- Boil water and pour into heat proof bowl. Add cocoa powder and mix well.
- In medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In bowl of stand mixer (with paddle attachment), cream together softened butter and sugar. Add one egg at a time and mix well along with vanilla extract. Incorporate flour mixture into wet ingredients. Slowly add cooled cocoa water mixture and blend together.
- Pour batter into pan and bake for 16-20 minutes. Check at the 16 minute mark. When toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean, the cake is ready.
- Dust with icing sugar and decorate with fruit.