Hello fellow travellers,
For those of you who grew up on Cartoon Network and watched Dexter’s Laboratory, you must have (or might have) seen the Omelette du Fromage episode. Dexter has a French test and designs a genius software where he plugs headphones into his ears at night and plays the audio recording of the entire French textbook from class. Due to technical difficulties (when is there never one?) the tape gets loops on three words: Omelette du Fromage.
The next morning all Dexter can say is, “Omelette du Fromage” in an impeccable French accent. Well you would think that Dexter would have a miserable day but it turns out the one question on his test worth a 100 marks is ‘how do you say Cheese omelette in French?” By the end of the day Dexter is a celebrity!
You can become a celebrity too and impress your family and friends with this awesome and easy omelette recipe!
Ninja omelette hiding cheesy goodness inside.
Ingredients (serves 1)
1/2-1 tsp salt
pepper, to taste
red chilli powder, to taste
1/2 tomato, diced
1/2 small red onion, chopped
1/4 yellow pepper (or any color of your choice), diced
1/4-1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella or Swiss cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk two eggs, salt, pepper, and red chilli powder. Mix in diced tomatoes.
- In a medium frying pan, fry the onions and yellow bell pepper until soft. Scoop mixture into a separate bowl.
- Butter the same frying pan well and fry the omelette on medium heat and cook on both sides for few minutes. Leave on pan even after flipping at medium low heat.
- Scoop onion/bell pepper mixture onto one half of the omelette. Sprinkle shredded cheese on top of the fried onion mixture. Fold the omelette in half so cheese melts and sticks the two sides together.
- Serve with any choice of bread and freshly squeezed orange juice.